September 16 will see the debut of the Collector's Edition DVD
of Monty Python and the Holy Grail.
It is an enhanced repackaging of the extremely popular DVD set, released
by Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment on 23 October 2001. Since
its release in 2001, said Shammi Whitaker of parent company Sony
Pictures, it is consistently one of our best-selling DVDs.
Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment has added a collectible DVD case
and special bonuses.
First there is the limited edition Senitype® which contains a 35mm
film cel taken from the original negative of the film. The cel has also
been digitally scanned and is reproduced onto art paper.
The set also comes with the Holy Grail screenplay with a unique
cover. It reflects the final re-edited version of the film, including
the missing 24 seconds. It also has a number of alternate photos not
published in the original 1977 edition.
Columbia TriStar Home Entertainment will be relaunching the Monty
Python and the Holy Grail DVD website on September 12 and
will be offering another unique sweepstakes to win one of the
Look for ads in magazines like Rolling Stone and on the DVD website
- A reproduction of the Black Knight's helmet and surcoat
- A limited edition collection of five of the knights as 12"
- The Pythons Autobiography by the Pythons
- Three talking Holy Grail action figures
- Plush killer rabbit
- Monty Python voice abuse keychain
Here is a recap of the special edition features that come with the
|The limited edition film cel from the
|The complete screenplay with limited edition
- High definition widescreen presentation with pink frilly edges
- Surround soundtrack in glorious 5.1 Dolby Digital
- Subtitles in English, French, and Spanish
- Subtitles for People Who Don't Like the Film (taken from Shakespeare's
Henry IV, part II)
- On-Screen Screenplay: read the screenplay while you watch the film
- Enlightening commentaries by Terry Gilliam & Terry Jones, plus
general complaints and back-biting by John Cleese, Eric Idle &
- Extraordinary Animated Menus with very loud surround sound!
- Fascinating Scene Selection feature: all-moving, all-singing, all-tax-avoidance
- Exciting 'Follow The Killer Rabbit' Feature!
- A special version for the Hard of Hearing
- A glorious extra 24 seconds absolutely free
- Mono soundtrack in glorious old-fashioned mono
- Three Mindless Sing-Alongs
- Join Michael Palin and Terry Jones in their special documentary:
The Quest for the Holy Grail Locations
- How To Use Your Coconuts (an educational film)
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail in Japanese (with English subtitles)
- Monty Python and the Holy Grail In Lego
- 'On Location with The Pythons' - genuine 18 min. location report
made in 1974 by BBC Film Night (broadcast December 19, 1974)
- An Interactive Cast Directory - discover just how many roles Michael
- Tons of Terry Gilliam's original sketches plus posters
- Behind-the-Scenes Photos - hitherto unseen by human eyes
- A Load of Old Rubbish - a surprise package of mystery items specially
included for the mentally challenged
- Unused Locations
- How the directors' recce used up the budget
- Unused ideas
- Theatrical trailers and, of course, Weblinks for real nerds!
Visit Colubmia-Tristar's website for the DVD set for more information